Azure Interview Questions
Microsoft Azure is currently one of the leading cloud storage providers in this world. It has the most amazing support and prompt service worldwide. Microsoft Azure has currently been the dominating in the list of cloud service providers. It has held a market share of more than 20.3 % . They also hire lot of cloud professionals to keep up the pace. With a stunning 70 or above offering of total compliance and also along with it 120,000 subscribers per month, it has ranked astonishingly second most dominating cloud service provider in the current market. In this article you would go through some of the most common Azure interview questions and answers. This will help you guide you in important pointers on azure. And will also help you crack the interview.
1. What is Microsoft Azure and Azure diagnostic?
Answer . Azure is a cloud computing interface that has been geared towards the public user. This is implemented by the company Microsoft so as to get benefited from the resources of cloud computing. Azure diagnostics is basically an API base system that has the ability to collect all the data in order to diagnose the application which is constantly running at that time. It also tunes with the verbs monitoring by getting enabled of the roles of cloud services provided by the central system of commands.
2. What is cloud computing?
Answer. Cloud computing is currently the next level or the high level abstraction process. It easily has the ability to focus on the business logic along with the fact that this is basically a service that is delivered via the internet. This is going to add with the computing services without laying march over the current infrastructural needs. In easy terms cloud computing is just using a high power processor-based and highest storage computer over the internet that can be accessed easily through the cheap set that you have in your home. And also at the same time, you are going to have the best cutting edge technology just through the basic device that you have.
3. What is the scalability in terms of cloud computing?
Answer. There are two types of advantages of scalability:
- First one is vertical scaling which is basically the feature would the configuration yields to increase the total existing capacity of the machine. It is just like increasing the total random access memory from 4GB to 32GB.
- And another type of scaling is horizontal scaling by which is an aspect were basically the physical criteria is increase like putting multiple machines at work and also replacing the existing old machine.
4. What are the advantages of cloud computing?
Answer: There are so many available advantages that can be explained as the profit from cloud computing and only some of them are as follows:
- The overall nature of the system can easily be altered if the business requires a certain modification. This can be a little costly in the traditional physical infrastructural system.
- Also, another fact is noted that the higher availability which also has the ability to increase the total benefit that is enjoyed by the users in every inch.
- The Azure cloud computing system also allows the user to pay only when the system is being used by the user. For optimal use of this facility, a user can easily reallocate the total system when it is being used by them and also get saved from the excessive charge.
- This system has also brought into light the system of payment for the total operation rather than the investment in the machines . It has the ability to lower down the total cost of ownership. Thus benefits can be passed on over to customer.
5. Discuss the different deployment model of the cloud system.
There are various deployment models available for the cloud system and they are:
- Private cloud deployment model by which you are able to own the infrastructure and also the cloud provider that enables the user or you to get the service exclusively just towards you only.
- Public cloud deployment model, which is such type of model of cloud deployment that you are going to get with the multi-tenant infrastructure from the service provider exclusively.
- And the last one is hybrid cloud deployment model which is basically a setup of a total intermixed public and private data through which the confidential data will serve in house and the private data will be directed in the website where the address is public.
6. What are the main functions of the Azure cloud service?
The main functions that are provided inside the Azure cloud service are as follows:
- It is designed in such a manner that has the ability to host the running application and also along with while having the same time process of managing the background running application.
- the application of web processing is more often termed as web role whereas the background processing of the currently running service is termed as the worker role.
7. Which of the standard does Azure use?
Answer: The Azure Windows Services Platform API uses the industry standard REST, HTTP, and XML protocols that are part of any Service Oriented Architecture cloud infrastructure to allow applications to talk to Azure.
8. What is the role of Azure developer?
Microsoft Azure is a one of the leading cloud provider and scaling at enormous speed. Microsoft Azure developers leverage the benefits of cloud architecture to create cloud native applications that scale with ease. To excel in this role, you must understand security, development, testing, deployment and more.
9. What is a virtual machine ?
Answer. A virtual machine is a computer which runs on an operating system and also applications. A virtual machine is generally a physical computer. Either in a worker role or for a web role, the service that allows both the management and the creation of a virtual machine is a computer.
10. How do you debug Azure cloud service?
Answer. Open the shortcut menu for the Azure project, and then select Publish. Select the Staging environment and the Debug configuration. This is only a guideline. Follow the usual steps, but select the Enable Remote Debugger for all roles check box on the Advanced Settings tab.
11. What is Azure SLA?
Azure DevTest Labs is a free service, therefore, it does not have a financially backed SLA itself. The availability of your Lab is based on the SLA of the underlying virtual machines, storage and key vault resources used. Please see the Virtual Machine SLA, Storage SLA and Key Vault SLA for more details.
12. Is AWS better than Azure?
Azure is 4-12% cheaper than AWS, and it also offers some extra properties which makes it better than AWS. The following are some important aspects for why Azure is better than AWS. PaaS Capabilities: Both Azure and AWS are similar in offering PaaS capabilities for virtual networking, storage, and machines.
13. Why is azure used?
Answer: At its core, Azure is a public cloud computing platform—with solutions including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) that can be used for services such as analytics, virtual computing, storage, networking, and much more.
14. Is Azure free for developers?
Answer: With Windows Azure Web Sites you can develop and deploy 10 web sites for free. This offer will go live on january 7th, 2011, and provide free access to the Windows Azure platform, including, but not limited to, 750 extra small instance hours and a SQL Azure database per month at no charge.
15. Can I learn Microsoft Azure without having any programming skills?
Answer: Yes, you can definitely learn Microsoft Azure without having any programming skills. You can also read online courses for Microsoft Azure.
16. What is a role in Azure?
Answer: A role definition lists the operations that can be performed, such as read, write, and delete. Roles can be high-level, like owner, or specific, like virtual machine reader. Azure includes several built-in roles that you can use.
17. What is azure scale set?
Answer: Azure virtual machine scale sets let you create and manage a group of identical, load balanced VMs. With virtual machine scale sets, you can build large-scale services for areas such as compute, big data, and container workloads.
18. How many Azure services are there?
Answer: There are over 600 services that fall under the Azure umbrella, but broadly speaking, it is a web-based platform on which applications and services can be built, tested, managed, and deployed.
19. What is Azure monitoring?
Answer: Azure Monitor is a platform capability for monitoring your Azure resources. Azure Monitor allows you to collect granular performance and utilisation data, activity and diagnostics logs, and notifications from your Azure resources in a consistent manner.
20. Why is Microsoft Azure the best?
Answer: Microsoft guarantees the best in terms of safety for all operations and data on the Azure Cloud. Scalability and Ductility: Applications that run easily, unaffectedly and scale from 10 to 10 million users can be created without any additional coding by using Azure.
21. What is Azure SQL Database ?
Answer: Microsoft Azure SQL Database (formerly SQL Azure, SQL Server Data Services, SQL Services, and Windows Azure SQL Database) is a managed cloud database (SaaS) provided as part of Microsoft Azure.
22. What is the benefit of RBAC in Microsoft Azure?
Answer: Role-based access control (RBAC) helps you manage who has access to Azure resources, what they can do with those resources, and what areas they have access to. RBAC is an authorization system built on Azure Resource Manager that provides fine-grained access management of Azure resources.
23. What are the three types of role Basic Access RBAC controls in Microsoft Azure?
Answer: The three different types of roles are :
- Owner : It has full access to all resources including the right to delegate access to others.
- Contributor : It can create and manage all types of Azure resources but can’t grant access to others.
- Reader: It can view existing Azure resources.
24. How do I create a role in Azure?
Answer: Create a role in the Azure portal Select Azure Active Directory > Roles and administrators > New custom role. On the Basics tab, provide a name and description for the role and then click Next.
25. How does Azure load balancer work?
Answer: Azure load balancer overview An Azure load balancer is a Layer-4 (TCP, UDP) load balancer that provides high availability by distributing incoming traffic among healthy VMs. A load balancer health probe monitors a given port on each VM and only distributes traffic to an operational VM.
26. What is azure autoscale?
Answer: Autoscale is a built-in feature of Cloud Services, Mobile Services, Virtual Machines, and Websites that helps applications perform their best when demand changes. Of course, performance means different things for different applications. Some apps are CPU-bound, others memory-bound.
27. What is azure batch?
Answer: Azure Batch Service is a cloud based job scheduling and compute management platform that enables running large-scale parallel and high performance computing applications efficiently in the cloud. Azure Batch Service provides job scheduling and in automatically scaling and managing virtual machines running those jobs.
28. Is Azure cheaper than on premise?
Answer: Azure is cheaper than on-premise solutions With Azure, you don’t have to invest in new machines, infrastructure, or replace aging servers. Azure, offers flexible expenditure, which means: – You pay according to your needs. – You pay more to get more.
29. What are the most popular Azure services?
Answer: The most popular Azure services are :
- App Service
- Virtual Machines
- DevOps Project
- Azure Backup
- Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB
- Azure Active Directory (AD)
- Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
30. How do you debug Azure App Service?
Answer: Make sure that the target site is running a debug version of your code. A list of Azure subscriptions then should be displayed. Make sure that the project is currently open and the code that is open matches what is deployed to Azure.
Above were important Azure interview questions and answers that will help you in your interview. Feel free to comment us and we will get back to you and help you in preparation.